Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 3- not that we are counting . . .

On Monday we went and visited Devin at work. Here's the office

The very picturesque view out his window- The Makati skyline and Manila golf course.

Here is one of the Jeepney. I got brave this week and started taking the Jeepney to the Market instead of the taxi which costs 10x as much. Its really not to bad, I have been doing it one way every day this week and yesterday even rode it there and back- yea for me! The biggest problem is they drop you off a little farther away from your actual destination so we just have to walk a bit,- not too bad. I'm getting the hang of this Philipino thing even though I get stared at constantly.


Palengke Market (Philipino Flea Market)- we pass by it when we come home from church.



Here we are standing with the missionaries and our friend zeniff and Yunis

Sunday we went to the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial- it is the largest US war cemetery outside the US


2 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

You are the bravest woman I know!

Kari said...

I'm so glad we met you at Fort San Pedro. It was so fun to met you and hang out with you and your kids for a little while. I'm glad you are enjoying your "adventure" in the Philippines. Even having been there, I think you are a brave woman to take two children but the Filipinos obviously LOVE it! Good luck during the rest of your time there.