Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Advice


Did your two year old ever try to jump, punch, pinch, bite, push, or kill your baby? Well mine does frequently, several times a day. I keep waiting for this "phase to stop." How did you handle it?

Please leave me a comment!

He looks so Sweet and innocent, doesn't he?

4 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Hmmm. Maybe he needs more attention? When my kids start acting up like that, we send them on "dates" with mommy or daddy. One on one time doing something fun seems to help... Good Luck! (and you are an excellent mommy!)

Elise said...

Oh yes, attention is a good point. Everett did this a lot but got over it after a few months. I tried a lot of things but nothing seemed to make a difference. I think a lot of it is that these little boys don't quite know how to tease yet. Everett was only 19 months old when Ashley was born so I just spent a lot of time re-directing his focus, and I just decided that a few whacks here and there weren't really going to hurt her. Everett was still learning.

Spencer is such a sweetheart, I'm sure he'll get over this soon, and I'm sure he's not trying to be malicious. What a cutie. I wish we could have your kids over for a playdate!

TC, Ashley said...

I don't know if I have any good advice but wanted to let you know that I understand what you are going through. Savanna has been doing the same thing. She is sometimes really gentle and sweet with him and then she will just whack him. I think she just doesn't understand that it hurts him when she is rough with him. She thinks she can throw him around like her baby dolls. We have been trying to pay special individual attention with her. She loves to cuddle so we are starting to have ten minutes of cuddle time before bed with mommy or daddy. We are hoping this helps. Hang in there! I think a lot of it is just their age!

Laura said...

Wish I had some advice ... I'm going to need it myself sooner than later! But I agree with a lot of the comments here. That you are a good mom and Spencer is a sweetheart!