Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cultural Celebration

This was awesome. The participants were amazing. President Monson, Elder Eyring and Elder Oaks were all present the Coliseum was very neat alhough it was extremely hot and I thought President Monsen was going to pass out in his suit coat: he stated that he was glad because otherwise "we would all sufficate from the heat" my sentiments exactly. We did not get the any great pictures mostly beacuse I was religiouly fanning marianne and myself and Devin was following our very active two year old around. But here you go. Devin even got to see a couple misssion companions that he hadn't been expecting




2 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow! What to say... first off, it was so fun to skype with you guys last week, so happy you are doing well. What a cool cultural celebration. Oh my, the 25 hour ferry sounds horrible, a room with 8 random people yikes, but I love what a good sport you are Na, you seriously are such a trooper. Do you hear that Devin, you are lucky to have her! That dinner looked surprisingly good, what a cute family. Marianne's bed is awesome, I love it. (and I know this sounds dumb, but make sure the top of the suitcase doesn't fall closed in the middle of the night, it kinda made me nervous seeing that picture)! We love you guys, keep up the fun and keep the blog posts coming!

Robnz Fam said...

Hey you guys! This is such an awesome experience for you all! I'm so glad that you have the opportunity to do this. We are in Japan right now, and loving it. It is fun to read through your posts because I feel like we are going through the same thing sometimes! We went private with our blog by the way, did you receive an invite? I tried to send one to everyone in my address book, but I missed some people. Just let me know if you want an invite! sethcarrol@yahoo.com

Can't wait to read more of your adventures!