Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Philippine Adventures Continue

Does anyone else's hair fall out after giving birth? It is disgusting- my hair is everywhere and i am going bald, devin tries to make me feel better buy saying it is naturally thinning, which is good in this country so its not so hot. Well there is nothing natural about this much hair falling out- leave a comment if you can sympathize. Oh and I was thinking about getting a perm to hide my post labor balding- what do you think?
SM Mall of Asia- this is the BIGGEST MALL i have ever seen in my life, it has a boardwalk out the back right on a huge lake that looks like an ocean, and has fountains. There is an ice rink inside with every american and asian mall you can think of, incredible
Oh and a fireworks show at 7pm every saturday night? hmm cool
So check this out, call ed the WOW ball, a inflatiable pool with like two feet of water and these huge beach balls that can hold a person so you can climb in and roll around like a hamster for four minutes, pretty cool,



Devin and I took turns serving in the Manila temple yesterday, I had not gone in months since marianne was born, so it was nice to go. and very beautiful
Devin is quite the artist I think when taking pictures he loves capturing beautiful flowers some day we will own a nice camera- and at least own soon that has a zoom that works our has not worked since it met the ocean last august.
Our friend Flor, who has hung out with us a few times this week! She even let us visit her house which was a nice apartment- people here kind of crack me about bubbles and personal space, they don't have a lot- just an example one of the reasons she brought us their was to cut my children's toe nails :) (for the record- yes they were long, I lost our nail trimmer and had actually went shopping for one that morning) but flor did a get job so there you go.
Ants, Ants, Ants- Yuck! The other morning We woke up to find ants crawling in my kitchen. How dare they think they can come into MY KITCHEN! we took everything out of the cupboards and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned- every pice of food we own must go in the fridge. Luckily our apartment does pest control and came up later that same day to help, now a few day later we have not seen a single bug- and for the record, no cockroach has dared show its head- I have seen a few outside along with a couple of -dare I say it" RATS on the street (I was in the jeepney at the time and happened to look out the window) and saw like three rats climbing out of somebody's house into the ditch- Ahhhhhhh- at least I know they won't get me here on the 15th floor!
We went to Cora and June's home for dinner which their entire house fits into the very smallest room of our house and probably your house, but they are a very happy family and manage to fit this drum set into the corner along with a guitar, TV, and a small Keyboard. They are a very musical family. they have 6 children ages 9-18 and all sleep in one bedroom with the parents. They are some of our dearest friends here and we are so glad to know them, some of the nicest most generous people I have ever met.
Halo-Halo a luxurious dessert of ice coconut, purple beans, refried beans and ice cream and maybe some other dessert- I must say I almost liked it. It wasn't as bad as my face makes it out to be, it was ok. We had it for the experience as my sister Darlene would say "self inflicted"

3 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

As for the balding.. I lose hair at three months postpartum every time. And I do go very bald at my widows peak area. Not fun. I would not recommend a perm as that will make you lose more hair.
Your adventures sound like so much fun. Who knew that dessert could have beans in it??? Glad you are having a great time!

blaine and michelle said...

My hair falls out in force every time. I think it's because you don't lose hair while you're pregnant and then you lose all 9 months worth at once. But your hair is so thick even if you lost half of it you wouldn't be even a little bit bald.

Drae said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun. I'm sure you're ready to get back to the dry heat, but enjoy it while you can. What a fun experience. If it makes you feel any better, it has been record highs here and I hate the humidity. I stay indoors as much as possible. I don't know about the losing hair bit. I haven't noticed yet, but she's only 2 months old. Sounds like it comes a little later. I'll let you know if it happens to me. Not looking forward to it. Keep the adventures coming. I promise I will be blogging sometime soon. Jon starts work tomorrow, so I will have a lot of downtime. Miss you guys!