Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Monday, June 21, 2010

4 Month Check Up 18 weeks Old

oh this is Marianne at church being held by a girl in our ward,- people LOVE to hold my children here.


Well Marianne had her 4 month check up today in the Philippines. I went in to just ask about an appointment and before I knew I was in a chair talking to a doctor and they were weighing her. it went about the same as any other appointment Here are the stats:

Weight: 6.33 Kg or 13 lbs 9 oz- 35%
Height: 63 cm or 24.8 in- 75%
Head: 40 cm or 15.7 in 15%

So she actually weighs 2 oz less than on her 2 month check up which at the time was 95%. But you will notice she is tall, so I think she has gotten a little growth spurt this last month and her weight will probably catch up- she still look round and chubby to me! Plus now she is going to start eating solids- today was the first day on rice cereal (picts to follow) but I think she liked it.

Another interesting difference: the doctors here I guess tell you to start cereal at 4 months all fruits and vegetables at 4 months as well and bread and biscuits at 5 months and then all the rest of the foods at 6 months. That is a little bit faster than they do in america.
She also got her 4 month shots which were all 6 in one shot!- now that is something I absolutely wish America would adopt. Also if you are freaking out that I got her shots in a 3rd world country no worries my pediatrician in America suggested getting them done here so she would have better protection and pointed out that the Philippines receive their vaccinations from the same European factory that makes them for Americans. - which I didn't know.

No comments: