Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tubes




My little Darline has had 5, oh wait, now 6 ear infection in the last 6 months. And the last two have had double doses of antibiotics trying to get them cleared up. So Wednesday she got tubes. When we went to the preop the doctor said she was a good candidate especially since she still had negative pressure in her ears after being on antibiotics for 10 days.


We went to the hospital at 6:30 am had her vitals taken, then talked to the nurse, antithesiologist, and doctor about the minor surgery. They came and got her at 7:30, they wrapped her up with a dryer warm blanket and took her back. That was the hardest part, handing her over to the nurse while she was clinging to me, I almost cried.

But after a no more than 10 min surgery and 5 min recovery to have the gas wear off I had my cute heart back in my arms, a little groggy and grumpy, but ears tubbed. Yea. Glad that done, no more ear infections!

2 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Awww, I can feel your pain in letting her go. I hope she feels better now, no more infections!

TC, Ashley said...

I am going to be there on Monday with Clark. I feel your pain. Glad that turned out well!