Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GOAL!


For New Years Resolution Devin and I wanted to lose a few pounds and tone up. I have been exercising 5 days a week at 6am-7am (yea, its early). The only way I way I have been able to do it is because I have an aweome friend who picks me up every morning at 5:40. Thanks Tahlia! Devin took a gymnastics class at BYU 4 days a week.

Well after doing it for a month and not losing a pound we decided to join weight watchers. I have done it before an duse dto work for them and know how great the program is so we started it. It has been so much easier with Devin doing it with me. And between exercise and eating right. I have lost 11 pounds and Devin has lost 14 pounds! We feel great!

After a good morning workout
Fridays is Yoga Day
Don't you love this skirt it is one I made last week, I borrowed the pattern from my friend!

3 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

Congrats Na! You look fantastic! I'm looking forward to working out again once we're all settled in Austin.

Diana said...

Way to go! It isn't easy losing weight and I am dreading losing the baby weight. I figure though that I will follow the wonderful little thought about "nine months up - nine months down." I love that simply having the babies help me lose at least 30 lbs in just one week - now that's weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Marijke said...

that's awesome! I admire you for working out so early in the morning!