Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Sunday, February 1, 2009

Etiquette Dinner



Those of you who know me really well know that I absolutely love to get dressed up. It is one of my all time favorite things. So any chance I get Devin humors me and we get all dressed up. For Christmas I got this gorgeous black velvet dress. I decked it out iwth a pair of silver gloves that I haven't worn since high school adn my silver purse, plus earning, and a ring to match the dress completed the ensemble.

The dinner was fabulous, set in the Hinckley Center, which is an amazing builidng at BYU. Our speaker was Candylyn Newell-who's husband was the ambassador of Sweden for several years, she told amazing stories about serving dinner for the King and Queen of Sweden, President Bush, Regan and other dignataries. Absolutely amazing. What a fun night!

And a big thanks to Kallista and Dave for Babysitting! And a big thanks to Spencer for not Crying the whole time, in fact he was very good!

3 comments:

RM said...

Naomi- you look gorgeous a in your dress!

Marijke said...

You look so pretty in your dress! I like it. I think it's fun to dress up to :) Was this a Law School event?

Marilyn said...

You look gorgeous!! I really think you are one of the prettiest girls I know.