Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Monday, February 9, 2009

Cross Stitch Adventures

I am attmpting to pick up cross stitch in my life. I started a cross stich when Devin and I were engaged- "Two Hearts One Love" I finished it 1 1/2 years later. However it was accidently/tragically thrown away with the Christmas boxes. I was so sad. However my wonderful mother-in law found the pattern and recreated it for me and gave me the completed cross stitch this Christmas. Thanks so much!!!




So today I went to Roberts and found this adorable little boy cross stitch. It was red, white and blue, perfect colors for Spencer's room. I couldn't resist, and I bought it with a 50% off coupon. So after at least a year hiatus I am picking up cross stitching and starting a new one, wish me luck!

5 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Na - I didn't know that your MIL did that for you, that is so sweet! Now too bad you don't have the frame for it! ;)

Sally said...

Wow, impressive that you ever finished that cross stitch in the first place--way too many unfinished projects at my house ;)

Devin--got your comment, thanks for stopping by! I've seen your blog a time or two before, I admit, just didn't leave a note :) Your little fam is beautiful, and it looks like y'all are doing well at BYU--I definitely didn't realize you were back in Provo! Take care, and hopefully we'll all bump into each other some day.

Rhonda said...

That is very cute! I also start cross-stitching and never finish them.

blaine and michelle said...

Good luck! I don't think I have EVER finished a single cross stitch. I've probably started 5.

TC, Ashley said...

Wow I am impressed by your creative skills, Naomi!