Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Friday, May 9, 2008

The Baby's Room!

We finally have our nursery just about finished. I'm still working on quilting the quilt and the crib bumper but. I thought I would add the picts we already have so you can see whats going on. This has been our project for the last couple of weeks! But we just love it.

We went with an Airplane- Vintage Red, White, and Blue Americana theme. To match the quilt that I made

Here is the quilt! It is a 12-square Suspender Sam pattern (which are the little boy squares) Each boy is holding a heart, kite, or balloon. Then I found a pattern for the airplanes. Its all Red-Blue- White, Vintage. I've been working on it for months and just love the way it turned out!

The room was certainly a project. This was Devin and my first attempt at painting anything by ourselves (without the mom's) so we got everything from Home Depot and got started. We did the bottom 1/3 in Navy (all by ourselves).
But then decided to let the experts come and help. Devin's Mom Gaylynne came and helped us do the matte/gloss cream stripes on the top 2/3s of the wall. They turned out fabulou! Thanks
Mom!

Then we put a cute red border in the middle (which we found for $4.00) and added the furniture. This is a beautiful wood dresser that we splurged on to match the beautiful crib Devin's parents bought for us. And look at my darling Lamp which we got from Aunt Shawna at the baby shower, it has an helicopter which matches the theme perfectly!
Our beatiful brand new Lazy boy rocking Chair that my parents bought for me for my b-day. It is so comfortable! We love it!

Here is the Crib, Sorry the picts a little dark, with the valence i made to match the quilt.

We are very excited for the room and can't wait to welcome our little boy home with it. 28 Days and counting!

3 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

Na I LOVE the nursery! You did such a great job it looks perfect. The quilt is so cute and it all looks so great together!!

*TAMI* said...

The room is adorable! Good job, the quilt turned out too cute-I know how much work those take! Your bump is as cute as ever! We are so excited to meet the little one!

Martha said...

very cute Naomi! I didn't know that you quilt--you're amazing! Hope you're feeling well. We're having quite the experience in Hong Kong. I posted yesterday--can you get on our blog? Let me know if not. marthabirk@gmail.com