Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas Stockings



I have been wanting to make Christmas stockings for our family for a while and finally decided to do it since we will have our own Christmas this year. I decided to make each one unique so that when we have another little one (someday) I can make one for them and not have to worry about them matching. Although I got a little ambitious and made an extra one.

I was pleased with how they turned out. I cut strips, each one with different Christmas fabric that came in a basket that my mom gave me. Then I added the cuff and embodied our names.







4 comments:

Bridget said...

These are soooo cute! I have been meaning to tell you, I got a sewing machine for my birthday!!!!! I am so stoked, and think of you every time I use it...which has been almost everyday so far :)

Elise said...

Yay!!! You put pictures up!!! Those stockings are beautiful. I love how you did the different stripes so you won't have to worry about matching them later with more kids. Genius! It was great to talk to you the other day. Call any time!

Diana said...

Love the stockings! I've been wanting to make some myself and you've inspired me yet again!

Brit said...

Fun!!!!! Mine are different stripes too!!! Love it! And I love you got your next child's done as well :)