Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jurong Bird Park

They had cool people dressed in these really hot costumes I don't know how they do it. you couldn't pay me to put that on, amazing what people will do for money.




They had some cool bird shows where all kinds of birds where flying over our heads. Do you see this asian lady, definitetly a common site of people who love our white children. Some of them belive that if you touch a white kids head that it will bring you good luck- I know dumb right, especially to our kids who have strangers touch their heads.


It honestly has not been as bad as I thought it would be only at tourist stuff like the Zoo and the park has it been a problem. They love taking pictures of them too- and I 'm thinking, so really what are you going to do with that picture, show your friends that you saw a white kid- whopdido- your friend does not care- so stop taking pictures of my kids- whew- just had to get that off my chest, I normally just ignore them unless it gets to an annoying level.




It is of course set in the amazing rainforest of Sinapore- those are flamingos in the background.



No comments: