Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5K and Party

We had a tailgate party for the end of the year MBA Family Life party at the Blue and Gold Game. It was awesome even though it was a little stormy.
Here I am with Christina my friend out here who took over my spot on the Family Life Committee for next year.

What a fun party with face painting and everything

Saturday morning Devin ran the "Finish on the 50" 5 K, they end the run on the 50 yard line of the football stadium- which is pretty cool. He has never ran a 5 K before so this was a big accomplishment. I was so proud of him, he finished in 28 minutes with plenty of energy still left and wanting to do it again!



2 comments:

Shanda said...

So is Christina going to be great for the FLC!? :) Dan & I ran the Finish on the 50 and it was so much fun. I took third in my division--even though it says 5th--the two girls who "finished" before me were in Dan's class, but they cut & didn't actually run the whole race. They told the administrators, but they still put them as finishing before the rest of us that ran...Oh well! Enjoy those last few weeks there! Lots of great memories! I wish I knew the new class so I could enjoy updates about Notre Dame!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Na you are absolutely glowing in that first picture. And I LOVE the bow on top of the beanie, lol! I never thought of that one, but heck maybe I could try it out today, since it is snowing here, can you believe it... ridiculous!!!