Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Friday, January 16, 2009

Crazy Ideas.

Two posts in a row from Devin! It's a record.

I was inspired by my cousin Brittney's "bucket list" on her blog. I have been meaning to create my own for some time, but never got around to it. Then, while I was looking through an old notebook, I found the following "Crazy Ideas" I thought I would share them with you all. Though it is not a comprehensive "bucket list" it's a good start. Let me know if you want to join me on any of these trips. I'll let you know when I start planning them.

Live in China and learn Chinese (Hong Kong or Bejiing)

Spend a winter in Europe skiing the Alps

Drive 200 mph on the Autobahn

Get a pilot's license;

fly in a jet fighter

Sail from Tonga to Fiji and back

Fly fish, and ski in New Zealand

Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef

Spend a week on a quiet island in the Philippines

See Mt. Everest (even if I can't climb it)

Visit Antarctica (see the penguins)

An African Safari, (maybe Mt. Kilamunjaro)

Visit the Amazon; see live wild pirhanas

Take a Mediterranean cruise

visit Jerusalem/Jordon/ (the temple in Indiana Jones)

See the Sahara Desert

Visit Sub Saharan Africa

See the Mayan temple ruins in Central America

Drive Highway 1 from San Diego to Vancouver, BC

Ski Whistler BC

Watch the New Zealand All Blacks play

Play golf at St. Andrews.

Golf a Sub 90 round of golf

Heli-ski Alaska

Salmon Fishing in Alaska

Produce an audio recording

Write a book

Attend the World Cup Semi-final or Final match

See the Banaui Rice Terraces

Play at the Olympic Training facilities in Park City (ski jump, aerials, bobsled)

Serve a Foreign couples mission (Spain, South/Central America, Philippines)

visit Washington D.C. (Smithsonian, memorials, etc.

See the Waterfalls of aguasu (Brazil/Uruguay)

Study Photography

Establish a non-profit organization (legal/business focus)

Receive a degree from Stanford, Harvard, or Yale

See the Earth from Space

Bowl a 200 game

Visit Glacier National Park

Ski at Jackson Hole

Attend a U.S. Supreme Court Hearing

2 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Count Spence and I in!!!

Brittany Cooper said...

I LOVE THE LIST- I AM IN- maybe not antartica:) I am bit of a wimp