Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Number 3 What's it going to be?



I am 15 weeks so imagine my surprise when I go to my appointment and the doctor does a "quick ultrasound" to measure the head and asks "So do you want to know the gender?"

I really wanted Devin to be their for the unveiling, which he was coming to the next appointment to find that out, but, how could I resist not knowing when the answer it moments a way.

So of course I said "YES!"

And then went and bought the frilliest pink skirt I could find and took the picture with me to a late dinner that Devin and I had already planned on having.

We are both thrilled to be having another girl in our family. I love my sisters and am so excited to have Marianne have a sister!

Devin felt very strongly that this little one would be a girl about 6 weeks ago, so it wasn't too surprising, but very exciting!

IT'S A GIRL!

5 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

YaY! So happy for you!

Kallista said...

Yeah!! That is so awesome Na! Those 2 girls will be best of friends!

Ashley said...

Congrats! I can't believe they told you at 15 weeks!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh so awesome Na, and I love that you couldn't resist finding out, lol! I wouldn't have been able to either! That is just so wonderful!!!!! Hope you are feeling well and that you are enjoying have your sister there! Love ya!

gbrooks said...

Congratulations! How fun.