Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Singapore

Devin went Singapore this week for a job interview with O'Melveny & Myers- we won't know anything about it for at least a month. But he got to spend a little time in the city and really enjoyed it. Singapore is like the Switzerland of Asia very clean and pristine. Its about the size of Rhode Island and has about 4 million people. Two Rolles Royce, Two Mercedes, and a Porches
Big White Church St.Andrews

in the background you can see three sky scrapers on top they built this yaht for big events. Kind of cool

The metro check out how clean it is.
Circulor Hotel
The Fountain of Wealth: Must Do Steps for the Good Things from the Fountain

Stretch out your right hand and touch the wall
Make a silent wish
Follow the directional sign
Walk around three times

Well Devin wished for a job so we'll see if it works.

1 comment:

Shanda said...

That would be fun! My bro-in-law & his family live in Indonesia and Singapore is their favorite place to visit. They almost had their baby there & then gave into all the family begging them to come back to the states for her birth. I like your perm! I used to get perms all the time & I loved them. But I used way too much hairspray! ;) I'm glad you all survived the Typhoon! We were in Phoenix over the weekend for Dan's little brother's mission homecoming and the AC in one part of the house we were renting went out. It was SO HOT we had a high of 115 that day! There was no way I was going to sleep there, so we went to his sister's home that night. I can't imagine the heat & the humidity together. I agree, there needs to be fans with batteries for emergencies like that, because that is certainly a major emergency in my book! I'm glad you're all ok! Good luck with the job!!! Your kids all look great!