Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Monday, February 15, 2010

Announcing Baby Girl Wagstaff!!!

We should have known that this baby would follow in her brother's footsteps, and be born 12 days early, on a Monday Holiday. Naomi started feeling contractions at 1:00 am, so we got ready to go to the hospital and were on our way by 2:00 am. After driving to the wrong entrance, we finally found our way to the labor and delivery wing and Naomi had the baby 4.5 hours later. It was pretty quick from start to finish.


Our little doll is 7 lbs, 5 oz., 20 inches, and has some black hair. She came out face up, with a little bruise on the bridge of her nose. I'll post pictures soon.

The epidural only partially (read didn't really) work, so it was a bit (read excruciatingly) more painful than Spencer's birth.

Mom, Baby, and family are doing well. More to come...

13 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Yeah!!!!!! WaHOOOOOO! I am so happy for you guys!

Cathi said...

Congrats! Name?? Pics? Hope to see her soon. Sorry the epidural didn't work! That's definitely going to be one of my biggest fears the next time around (not any time soon, though). Hope you're all doing well!

Elise said...

Oh, I'm so excited to see pictures! I'm really glad the labor didn't last very long. I can't wait to meet her!

Becker said...

So that was the un-newsiest post of a baby birth in lo these many blogging birth announcements! Okay, you did give SOME dirt, but what is this girl's name?! And we can't wait to see pics! Post again soon!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

wahoo congrats can;t wait for more pictures!

blaine and michelle said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR PICTURES AND A NAME! SORRY I'M WRITING ALL IN CAPS BUT I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!!

Kallista said...

Yeah!! I am so excited! Can't wait to see pics!

Diana said...

That is awesome news! So glad to hear that mom, baby and family are doing well. I think we are waiting on baited breath for pictures and a name. Don't keep us waiting too long! Congratulations Wagstaff family!

TC, Ashley said...

Yeah! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures and it sounds like Devin was back for the birth? Thank goodness!!

Shanda said...

Congratulations Naomi, Devin & Spencer! I hope your recovery goes well!

Mike said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures. Enjoy the remaining time you can get a full night's sleep in while you can!

Martha said...

Congratulations you guys!! Naomi I'm so sorry about the epidural not working. You are a trooper. Can't wait for pictures and more updates. And I'm so glad Devin was home (my first thought was wondering if Devin missed it!).

Kendra said...

Congrats! We can't wait to hear all of the details and see the pictures. :) I'm sure that she is just beautiful! Good luck with everything - we will be thinking of you!