Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Saturday, November 21, 2009

UGANDA!!

The business school has a school grant to take 20 MBA students to Lebanon, Kenya, and Uganda to study the role of businesses in developing economies. This was what Devin studiesd in his Undergraduate Thesis so he was really excited about the project. So he applied in October but was not accepted to go, however he signed up to be the "extra" student in the class who would help with the writing and class research, and be an american contact incase they needed stuff faxed or whatever.

So Thursday night Devin comes home with a big smile and it turns out they have an extra spot, so guess who gets to go to Uganda, Africa from Dec 10-Dec 20th!?

Yep you guessed my favorite Travel Bug husband, I should have know when I met him in a foriegn country they he would be a world wide traveler.

Spencer and I are taking off to spend a few extra days in Sacramento and Fresno visiting family, so we will all be gone for a month at Christmas!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

So excited for Devin and so jealous, too! I dream of going back to Uganda someday. Hope he has a wonderful trip! -Tiff

Diana said...

Dev, I hope you're safe on your travels. Africa seems pretty scary. And Naomi I hope you enjoy your long Christmas break. I had a dream last night about the two of you and that you named your baby girl Grace. Odd I know but I still dreamt it. I was upset though because Grace is my favorite girl name but you can still use it if you want :)

Shanda said...

Congrats! Wow! That is really exciting. I'm glad you get to go to CA for Christmas! We did both years at ND and it made such a huge difference to spend time in the sun!!!