Happy to be a Mom!

I love this thought from President David O. McKay

"She, who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions -- deserves the admiration and the plaudits of man. But she who rears a family of beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, long after paintings have faded, and books have been destroyed she deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, she is co-partner with the Creator himself."


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Until Further Notice. . . It's A

GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL!
So our little cute person had the cord between her legs throughout the ultra sound today, (the stinker), so the tech was not very confident, but there was no sign of boy, and maybe some girl signs. So until further notice, which we hope to have another ultra sound, its a Girl!

Of course Devin being the sensible one, told me not to get too excited. Is this too excited?



Welcome Baby! We are having trouble coming up with Girl names we both like. What are your favorites?

Amongst the combined list we have: Kathleen, Miriam, Marian (Martha I love her name), Camilie (millie), and Analise, Elise, Abigale.

I like old fashioned names. . . .Any Ideas for us?

17 comments:

Kallista said...

Yeah!!! We are so excited for you! Hey I have a name. How about Kallista? Just kidding. Have fun buying girly stuff. I know you will love it.

blaine and michelle said...

Wooohoooo!!! I love all those names. Especially Analise and Elise. I also love the name Evangeline (Evie). I'm so excited for you!!! (Until further notice :)

Elise said...

Yeah, Elise is a GREAT name. You should choose that one :).

I also really like Marian. We have lots of Miriams in my family, and even a Mirial which is a composite of Miriam + Al. So that name is special to me as well!

Drae said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, for the time being... :) I really like Elise and Abigale.

Cookie Dough said...

Congrats on the girl, well hopefully! I really like the name Adelaide, and it is definitely old-fashioned. She would go by Addie. I tried to sell Barrett on it, but we ended up picking Addison, and I still got my Addie.

Ashley

Let the Good Times Roll said...

My grandparents and great grandparents names which I love are:
Birdie
Loa
Ora
Nellie
Annie Talula
Margaret (Maggie)
So, there are some suggestions for you. Love ya guys, I am super excited for you. PS - I am seeing the comment from your friend about Evangeline - one of my friends named her baby that and goes by Evi, and it is so adorable! Yay for a girl... at least for now.

Cathi said...

Exciting! Hopefully she doesn't decide to become a he on you! Old fashioned names are definitely popular right now. I would like to do Ann Alene (Alene would be a middle name), but we'll see what happens on both the girl front and getting Bryce's approval. Maybe Anne as in Anne of Green Gables? If I recall, you were a fan back in the day. Hope you're not too sick, especially chasing Spencer around. Looks like you've been having fun in South Bend.

Diana said...

Oh, that's exciting that it might be a girl. Girls are so much fun. I really like the name Camille - it's amongst my favorites and I think the nickname Millie is really cute. Martha is also great. You guys always have cute family pictures - hooray. And no you don't look too excited :)

*TAMI* said...

You are too cute~I am so excited that it should be a girl! Call me when you are here~I am pretty much free anytime~we get the keys to our house on Wednesday! I am super excited & super excited to see you!!

Shanda said...

Yay! Girls are so much fun!! Congratulations!! Looks like you're having a great time there!

Shanda said...

How, about Molly? That is kind of old fashioned, but also cute.

Martha said...

Hooray for a girl!! (And I would love it for her to be Marian!) I'm so excited for you guys. I need to call soon and we'll catch up...

Becca said...

How about Elsie, Lucille (Lucy), Jane, or Elizabeth. . . oh, the fun of coming up with names.

Robnz Fam said...

Hi Naomi! Congratulations on your baby girl! that is SO exciting! She'll be just so beautiful. I LOVE the name Analise and Elise. Camilie is also really cute. They are all such cute names. We are into those old fashioned names too! So we will probably be here in the fall when you come back. It all depends on where Seth gets accepted to school or gets a full time job here. It'd be fun to see you again, especially because you'll have a new baby to come show everyone!!

Good to hear from you!

TC, Ashley said...

Yeah! I hope it's a girl!

Clore said...

congrats!!!!!!! Girls are fun!!!I am so excited for you!!

gbrooks said...

Congratulations! I hope it really is a girl :)